In this activity, students will explore the five senses by performing a variety of activities.
Real World Science Topics:
- An exploration of how the human body uses multiple sources of information to make decisions.
- An exploration of the sensitivity of different areas to touch.
- An exploration of the link between the taste of a food and the senses of taste and smell.
- An exploration of the ability of the brain to judge the source of a sound based on which ear
the sound gets to first.
- An exploration of the limits of peripheral vision.
Students will identify that the human brain uses many sources of information to understand and
react to the surroundings.
Activity Difficulty Rating: 5
Each hands-on science activity has been ranked based on
difficulty of set up and how difficult they are to perform. The rating
scale is from 1 to 5, with 1 being the easiest and 5 being the most
Use these quick refreshers to prep for your next class.